Chris Hughes (APIOL)
Chris became interested in Bushcraft and Survival from an early age when visiting the woods with his parents / friends learning about the woodland environment and making dens. A more formal approach was provided through the Scout Association although he had quite a few learning experiences along the way before acquiring the fundamental skills. Chris is proud that he retained these skills into adulthood and has successfully combined them with his other passions canoeing and mountain walking much to the envy of his companions!
Chris currently holds the following awards relevant to bushcraft instruction:
- Survival School Instructors Course Level 4 NCFE IIQ;
- IOL Bushcraft Practitioner;
- Food Hygiene Certificate – Level 2;
- REC Advanced (Level 4) First Aid Qualification;
- Enhanced CRB Disclosure; and
- Accredited Practitioner of the Institute for Outdoor Learning (APIOL).
Janet is our office manager and is likely to be your first point of contact. She can often be seen on our courses acting as the camp cook or course co-ordinator and has a real passion for cooking delicious food over an open fire.